- Help mee
- Over ons
As a financial coordinator (FinCo), you will be primarily responsible for the financial management of all our projects in a country.
Please scroll down to find information about working for Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), what we can offer you and what other aid workers’ experiences are.
Before you apply: do you have what it takes?
Please make sure that you have reviewed our checklist below, and have read ‘Life and work in the field’ and ‘What’s in it for me’ before you press the ‘Apply’ button.
- I can put my personal life ‘on hold’ for 9 to 12 months.
- I have taken note of the salary in the Frequently Asked Questions.
- My family, partner, and friends support/understand/respect my decision.
- I have thought about living/working in areas of insecurity where my life may be in danger.
- I am able to adapt quickly to fast-paced, changing environments.
- I can adjust when working in a multi-cultural environment, and I accept the challenge of having to adapt to different cultures and work styles.
- I am able to cope with periods of discomfort and isolation.
- I am medically fit to meet the challenges of a highly stressful environment and possibly poor living conditions.
- I have the capacity to work independently and make sound decisions without consultation, even in unfamiliar situations.
- I have the ability to work long hours on a continual basis if required.
- I believe my professional or personal experience has prepared me for an assignment with MSF overseas.
- I enjoy working in a team, respecting the role every member plays, and operating co-operatively.