As a financial coordinator (FinCo), you will be primarily responsible for the financial management of all our projects in a country.
You will work in close collaboration with the finance team in our headquarters and with the project teams in the country where you are based. Your tasks will include budgeting, financial administration, budgetary control and managing cash flow, as well as preparing financial proposals and reports for institutional donors and MSF headquarters. You will supervise administrative staff and deal with local authorities and organizations. You will be part of the management team in the country where you are posted, and will be based in the capital with regular visits to the field projects.
- Ability to supervise financial administration (e.g. bookkeeping, tax administration) and perform monitoring and control of standard accounting procedures
- Minimum of 4 years demonstrable experience in project management (including demonstrable leadership, planning and budget control)
- Experience in supervising/managing, training and coaching
- Experience in bookkeeping, budgeting, financial planning and reporting
- Work or travel experience in developing countries
- A good command of the English language (minimum B2)
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to work in an international team
- Willingness to work in an unstable and insecure environment
- Availability of at least 12 months
- Higher vocational level training in business administration
- Experience with financial guidelines used by institutions such as the European Community Humanitarian Office (ECHO)
- Experience with a similar non-governmental organization abroad
- A good command of the French and Arabic language
- Good familiarity with Microsoft Word, solid Microsoft Excel skills.
- Good familiarity with other software systems including databases (such as accrual-based accounting packages)
- Please note that in some missions the roles of financial coordinator and human resources coordinator are combined. Therefore we are also looking for people who meet the requirements of both positions.
Before you apply
Interested in working with Médecins Sans Frontières, but still have a lot of questions you need answered? Join one of our information meetings or webinars!
What's it like working with MSF?
In most projects you'll be living and working in stressful conditions without many of the things you may take for granted at home.
Read more about work and life in the field.
Your safety and security
When working for us you might experience dangerous situations, such as confrontations with armed men, looting and theft, or violent clashes between armed groups. We take safety and security seriously. Read more about our safety precautions.
As you can imagine it costs us time and money to review each application, so please only apply for this role if you meet all of the requirements below.