As a project coordinator (PC) you are responsible for the MSF project where you are based.
You will be responsible for the development and implementation of the project’s policy, its annual plan and project proposal, and its budget. You will be responsible for managing the security of the project. Management of the project’s human resources (focusing on local as well as international staff) and advocacy work, as well as continuous analysis of the project’s context, will also be among your primary duties. As our main local representative, you will represent MSF towards local authorities, donors, the media and other organizations. You will lead the project team and will be based in the project location.
- At least 3 years experience working with MSF or another humanitarian organization, of which at least 1 year in a similar or managerial position and 1 in highly insecure and unstable environments (conflict zones or natural disasters)
- Experience of security management
- Leadership: coaching and supervision of large multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
- Proven interest in and understanding of humanitarian and emergency medical aid
- Experience in project management, budget control and project cycles
- Work or travel experience in developing countries
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to work in an international team
- Capacity to work highly independently
- Willingness to work in an unstable and insecure environment
- Proficiency in both English and one of the following languages: French, Arabic or Spanish
- Availability of at least 12 months
- Work experience within a medical organization
Before you apply
Interested in working with Médecins Sans Frontières, but still have a lot of questions you need answered? Join one of our information meetings or webinars!
What's it like working with MSF?
In most projects you'll be living and working in stressful conditions without many of the things you may take for granted at home.
Read more about work and life in the field.
Your safety and security
When working for us you might experience dangerous situations, such as confrontations with armed men, looting and theft, or violent clashes between armed groups. We take safety and security seriously. Read more about our safety precautions.