You will be responsible for vehicle maintenance and planning of movements. Construction, fitting out and maintaining medical facilities, offices and staff accommodation will also be part of your duties. You will set up, manage and maintain the water supply and hygiene/sanitary facilities. You will be in charge of the electricity supply and supervise the installation and maintenance of related equipment such as generators, solar panels and batteries. You will hire and manage technical staff and contractors and oversee their work. You will maintain contact with other non-governmental organizations, MSF sections, and local and international technical counterparts within the same mission.
- At least 2 years hands-on work experience and technical skills in 3 or more of the following fields: vehicle mechanics; energy and electricity; IT; communications; construction; water and sanitation
- Experience in training, coaching and supervision of staff
- Work or travel experience in developing countries
- A good command of the English language (minimum B2)
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to work in an international team
- Willingness to work in an unstable and insecure environment
- Availability of at least 12 months
- Analytical capability and strong skills in the use of spreadsheet software
- Experience with a similar non-governmental organization abroad
- A good command of French, Arabic and or Spanish languages are highly desirable
Before you apply
Interested in working with Médecins Sans Frontières, but still have a lot of questions you need answered? Join one of our information meetings or webinars!
What's it like working with MSF?
In most projects you'll be living and working in stressful conditions without many of the things you may take for granted at home.
Read more about work and life in the field.
Your safety and security
When working for us you might experience dangerous situations, such as confrontations with armed men, looting and theft, or violent clashes between armed groups. We take safety and security seriously. Read more about our safety precautions.