- To contribute to increasing the quality of obstetric and gynaecological department in Boost Hospital
- Develop list of gynaecological conditions to be managed including admission/discharge criteria for all cases
- To support the implementation and ensure adherence to protocols for management of main obstetric and gynaecological morbidities
- Management of complicated deliveries and performing instrumental deliveries, all types of caesarean sections, ectopic pregnancy and gynaecological operations
- Provide obstetrics and gynaecology consultation two times per week in the outpatients department room
- Training and coaching local staff in diagnostic and medical management skills, including ultrasound
- Train and perform obstetrics and gynaecology surgical procedures when necessary
- Assess medical knowledge of local staff to identify training needs and develop a realistic plan to monitor and develop that knowledge which is not contingent on your presence
- To work in close collaboration with MoPH representatives (Head of department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology) and expatriate midwife
- You are a trained gynaecologist and obstetrician
- You have experience in managing obstetric and gynaecological conditions in low-resource settings
- US diagnostic skills has no secrets for you
- You possess enough experience and interest to train others in this area
- You are proficient in the English language (B2)
- Language proficiency in Pashto / Dari is an asset
- Mature personality
- Management experience and able to work hands-on as well as delegate
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise
- Good negotiation and diplomatic skills
- Ability to work in a different and strong culture in a confined and insecure environment
- Willingness to work with and train a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team
Before you apply
Interested in working with Médecins Sans Frontières, but still have a lot of questions you need answered? Join one of our information meetings or webinars!
What's it like working with MSF?
In most projects you'll be living and working in stressful conditions without many of the things you may take for granted at home.
Read more about work and life in the field.
Your safety and security
When working for us you might experience dangerous situations, such as confrontations with armed men, looting and theft, or violent clashes between armed groups. We take safety and security seriously. Read more about our safety precautions.