- Help mee
- Over ons
A mission with Médecins Sans Frontières: a chance to contribute to live-saving work and to develop your professional and personal skills by working in interesting and relevant parts of the world.
All this working alongside dedicated professionals in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team.
Sent out for the first time? Then you will get a contract for the duration of the mission that consists of the following:
- An initial net salary of around € 1.175 per month, which will increase as you gain experience. (Note: this is an indication for inhabitants of The Netherlands. It may differ according to different countries of residence.)
- 8% holiday allowance.
- Supplementary insurances.
- Participation in a pension scheme.
- 25 days of holiday per year.
- A preparation course before departure.
- Expenses in the field (including transport to and from the project) are covered.
Before you leave for the project, you will get a special, 5-day preparation course. You will be informed about our organisation, our work and our principles. But also about safety issues in the field and how to deal with stress and other cultures. Therefore, you will be well-prepared when you leave for your mission.
Your individual career path is important to us. We actively help our staff to pursue career opportunities, offering guidance, training and the chance to gain experience in a variety of projects and settings.
‘When I chose to do this work I had no idea where it would take me. Nearly twenty years later, I’m still just as motivated as I was back then. I have a great job, and work alongside skilled and dedicated people. I don’t think I could have asked for more.’ Peter Paul de Groote, head of mission