Your contract on your first assignment
Sent out for the first time? Then you will get a contract for the duration of the assignment that consists of the following:
- The first 12 months of employment for any role in the field is in line with the minimum wage in the Netherlands. (Note: this is an indication for inhabitants of The Netherlands. It may differ according to different countries of residence)
- 8% holiday allowance
- Supplementary insurances.
- Participation in a pension scheme
- 25 days of holiday per year
- A preparation course before departure
- Expenses in the project (including transport to and from the project) are covered
Before leaving for the project, you get a special 5-day preparation course. You will be informed about our organisation, our work and our principles. But also about safety issues in the field and how to deal with stress and other cultures. You will be well-prepared when you leave for your assignment.
Your individual career path is important to us. We actively help our staff to pursue career opportunities, offering guidance, training and the chance to gain experience in a variety of projects and settings.
When I chose to do this work I had no idea where it would take me. Nearly twenty years later, I’m still just as motivated as I was back then. I have a great job, and work alongside skilled and dedicated people. I don’t think I could have asked for more.Peter Paul de Groote, Head of Mission
Ask experience experts
Any questions? We regularly organise information meetings and webinars. Here you can ask all the questions you might have to experienced aid workers.