You will be in charge of drugs and medical equipment management within an MSF mission.
You will work closely with a team of international and local staff to ensure that good pharmaceutical practice is achieved and that national rules are complied with. You will work with the logistical and medical teams and will need to be able to ensure cooperation between them. You will also need to ensure the quality, appropriateness and smooth coordination of medical supply lines and management, including the storage, distribution and ordering of drugs and medical equipment. You will identify, implement and monitor relevant/required improvements in medical consumption systems in the mission. You will also analyze actual consumption figures and medical data. You will assist and advise on local purchase, drug destruction and medical donations. You will supervise local staff dealing with daily management of drugs and medical equipment.
- A valid degree in pharmacy
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a pharmacist, ideally working in a hospital
- Ability to manage supply and organize stocks
- Computer literacy and good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in training, coaching and supervision
- Work or travel experience in developing countries
- A good command of the English language (minimum B2)
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to work in an international team
- Willingness to work in an unstable and insecure environment
- Availability of at least 12 months
- Experience with a similar non-governmental organization abroad
- A good command of the French and Arabic language
Before you apply
Interested in working with Médecins Sans Frontières, but still have a lot of questions you need answered? Join one of our information meetings or webinars!
What's it like working with MSF?
In most projects you'll be living and working in stressful conditions without many of the things you may take for granted at home.
Read more about work and life in the field.
Your safety and security
When working for us you might experience dangerous situations, such as confrontations with armed men, looting and theft, or violent clashes between armed groups. We take safety and security seriously. Read more about our safety precautions.